About the role:
William Gilder Group is a family run unique and diverse business. Due to increase in work load we are looking for an experienced and competent welder/ fabricator.
We only carry out work on our own vehicles, plant, machinery and progressing our own projects. Although very agricultural, we turn out some very high-quality projects and we want to maintain the standard.
- Prepare, weld, and fabricate metal structures and components
- Follow sketches and specifications
- Follow and maintain knowledge of safety protocol
- Assess equipment, structures, materials, and job specifications for appropriate welding positions and methods
- Take apart and dispose of large metal objects and structures
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of universal standards and specifications in order to meet building codes and legal requirements.
- Previous work experience as a Metal Fabricator
- AWS certification and advanced welding experience
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design and manufacturing procedures
- Ability to read and interpret chalk drawings and engineering blueprints
- Proficiency with metal fabrication tools including shears, rollers, flame cutters, and drill presses
- Ability to lift and manipulate large metal objects
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Attention to Detail
Starting salary is £31,200 dependent on experience, working 50 hours per week Monday to Friday based at Gretton Fields, Gretton, Gloucestershire, GL54 5HH.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, and you have the passion and commitment to be able to provide support to our busy Operation, please apply in writing to HR@Wgilder.co.uk, or post your application to Human Resources, William Gilder Ltd, Teddington Hands, Evesham Road, Teddington, GL20 8NE.